An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Operations Engineer to join our team on a 9-12 month fixed term contract.
As a Technical Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the implementation of Devops practices as well as providing 2nd and 3rd Line application support and be involved in on going project work
• Lead the implementation of DEVOPS into the Gryphon support capabilities.
• Understanding, using and improving operational IT processes and service monitoring. This spans our DevOps tools and processes, service logging and monitoring/alerting tools and helpdesk systems.
• Investigation and resolution of IT and Application incidents raised by the business
• Triaging IT incidents, potentially spanning multiple applications and impacting multiple business processes – engaging with our IT solution partners and other members of the IT team where required.
• Gather information on IT service issues and map operational business issues to the underlying application and infrastructure architecture.
• Supporting, and where needed, initiating business change within the organisation.
• Supporting the evaluation and implementation of new tools and technologies through independent research, prototyping and participation in proof of concept activities.
• Assess impact of business or technical change on Application Support processes, tools and documentation and deliver necessary change to ensure Application Support team readiness.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more, you can access the job description by clicking here.